Saturday, November 7, 2009

Suport Our Troops Freebie

Today's freebie came about as I was looking for Christmas Ornaments and I discovered a very cute military snowman and thought he would have been perfect for my husband but being Canadian, we wear berets and not caps/hats. I wanted to do something for Sean since he is away on tour and to celebrate my son Robert's Graduation from Basic Training and so I contacted the one person that I thought could help bring my snowman vision to a reality. Deb at the Scrappin Cop made me a wonderful template from the ornament picture I sent her. From there I created Sean Snowman and Robert Snowman. (Sean is Military Police and Robert is Infantry) If you like the templates please visit Deb's blog at the Scrappin Cop as she has both snowmen templates available today as freebies as well.

Other help came from Joanne at Joanne's Digital Designz. I knew that I would find the perfect Christmas Scripts to create Christmas themed Support Our Troops Items. Holidays are so important and I'm fortunate that Sean will be back from his tour in time to celebrate Christmas with us while some other wife, mother, husband, father, brother, sister or child has to do without their family member this year. I wanted to make sure they had a way to show their support of their family during the holidays.

I've separated the files to download as quickly as possible also, there are Canadian and American verions of the elements as well as the just yellow elements. If you use this kit, I'd love to see your layouts, feel free to send me a link to your gallery or blog. Please enjoy and I hope and pray that if you have a loved one serving somewhere in the world that they return home safely to you. I'll be back tomorrow with my Princess Letter's G and I have already created the element kit for that series, I think your going to love it!

Created at 300 dpi in .zip file
74 Elements in .png format
Sorry Link Expired but item can still be found here

Created at 300 dpi in .zip file
8 Papers in .jpeg format
Sorry Link Expired but item can still be found here

22 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Freebies, mine did his duty in Vietnam so I don't have to worry about him being away for the holidays - LianeZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the freebie tonight. I have a son who is a soldier and appreciate the sacrifice that you and your husband have made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful kit and what a great tribute to those brave men and women who choose to serve their countries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this is awesome also thank you for all the nice papers
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks SO much for the great kit!! My hubby is in the Reserves here in NB and I have lots of pics of him and the unit to scrap :)) This kit is perfect for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for this wonderful kit! Here in the states Nov 11th is Veteran's Day and this kit is perfect for that! It's a wonderful kit and very much appreciated!

    Sending prayers for your son and husband!
    Hugs, Lilli

    ReplyDelete
  7. Offering prayers for your family and thanks for your sacrifices. This kit is a wonderful tribute, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful. Welldone on this tribute kit. It has a lot of American/Canadian sspecific symbols (expected) so I don't know if I'll be downloading or not. I'll have a think - probably still an amount of suitable stuff for UK/Europe troops.
    p.s. I followed a link here from the Scrappin Cop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful wonderful kit! Thank you very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Scrappin' Cop said that the snowman was your idea - thank you for that and for this wonderful military kit! Special thanks to you and your family for your sacrifice - every person who is (or was) in the military has many more at home supporting them. We thank them and you for the freedom we enjoy today and in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 1 post on Nov. 08, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for such a wonderful kit. My son is at Ft. Bliss, Texas, and will leave for his second tour of Iraq the first week of December, so we will not have him at Christmastime. God bless your family and keep them safe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This kit is awesome. What a wonderful tribute to our troops.
    God Bless your husband and your son.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 08 Nov [LA 04:00pm, NY 07:00pm] - 09 Nov [UK 12:00am, OZ 11:00am] ).

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you so much for this. my bro is currently serving in afghanistan and i will find many uses for this kit. i havent had a chance to download it yet but tomorrow i plan to get it and get working on some layouts. thank u for this kit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful kit and tribute to the men and women that are serving to ensure our freedom and safety. Thanks for all you share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so very much for sharing. As a 20 yr sailor and now a gr-aunt to a soldier who is leaving in Dec. I really appreciate the kit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much for this kit!!
    My husband and son are both overseas right now and just started their tours. But I am actually comforted that they are close. I will be using your kit to make some ornaments for their tree over there and remembrance trees over here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. thank you for sharing this.. is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  21. my son is in the Air Force... THANK YOU so much for sharing this kit! I will be using it! And I'm glad I saw it mentioned on SCRAPPIN COPS site!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.

    ReplyDelete