Saturday, July 30, 2011

Quick Page, Desktop Wallpaper, Calender Freebie

eI know I said I'd post this last evening so you could download it this morning or late last night however (and this was a BIG however) my hard drive started acting up last night and I had most things on it backed up however it had been two months since my last backup, so I rushed out and bought a new hard drive and started backing up HD. Wouldn't you know though... I couldn't just copy and paste everything over, it wouldn't let me copy anything larger than 25Gigs in most cases so I had the wonderful task of copying approximately 500Gigs of stuff in 25Gig increments. Luckily around 3AM this morning it finally let me move 129Gigs of photo's over in one batch however it is still 53 minutes away from being transferred over. Needless to say, I'm going to back up more frequently after this. LOL

So I went to the midway last evening as well with Marc and Alexandra and their new friend Carley. It was a lot of fun. We let one of the carney's guess my age... he guessed 36 (I'm actually 42....just a little off!) Then Alex and I went off to spend $8.00 to win a stuffed frog. We are going to give it to my nephew who is one. Carley was so excited, we helped her win a big monkey, she was so excited as she had never been to a midway before. She moved here about a year ago from the east coast, her dad is military as well and in the past year here she really has not met any friends. The base here is really small and even though she is only 17 she graduated high school at 16, and works on the base (did I mention it's a really, really small base) so there have not been many opportunities for her to meet new people her age. We had so much fun together the four of us and I bought the biggest bag of cotton candy we could find and gave ourselves a sugar high! LOL. I teased the kids when we got home, that they must be the coolest kids in all of North Bay... they wanted to spend Friday Night with their MOM and new friend AND out in public too!

So the new kit I was suppose to unveil this weekend is called "Family Camping" and due to computer issues will not be in the stores today as expected as all the previews are not done. However I do have the Quick Pages I created using this kit to show you... what do you think? Just so you know, two people who regularly visit my blog and comment were lucky enough to get these quick pages via e-mail as a surprise gift for commenting so often on my posts. (Hint, hint... never know when I may feel generous!)


So here are your freebies. I have created this Quick Page, Calender, Desktop Wallpaper in two sizes. Using my new kit "Family Camping" which I hope to upload to the store as soon as I have these computer issues resolved. I showed this layout I did for our desktops and he leaned over and rubbed Bullet's back and head and said..."Bullet, your going to be famous!" lol. So I hope you enjoy this layout and think of Bullet our dog as famous from now on!

Created at 300 dpi, in .png format in a .zip file
Download 1024 x 786 here
Download 1280 x 786 here

2 comments:

  1. It really is a special gift when your kids and their friends want to hang out with you (The Parent). It really shows what a great relationship you have with your children.

    So glad you were able to save your data from your hard drive. I feel like you can never have enough hard drives and enough backups. The down side is you do have to find time to back stuff up - ugh!

    Thank you for the August Desktop.
    very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work... THANX for this ADORABLE August-desktop...
    HUGGGS from Sweden and NETTIS

    ReplyDelete